Biocity Journal of Pharmacy Bioscience and Clinical Community publishes 2 issues per year (June and December). The aim of Biocity Journal is to publish high-quality articles dedicated to all aspects of the latest outstanding developments in the field of pharmaceutical sciences, biosciences and clinical community from authors world-wide.
Article should be written in English or Bahasa Indonesia. The length of submitted paper is at least 7 pages and no more than 12 pages in A4 paper. The article should be without any page numbering and composed as follows: Abstract, Introduction, Method, Result and Discussion, Conclusion, Acknowledgements (if any), and Bibliography.
The title of the manuscript is written in "Times New Roman" typeface. The title of the manuscript is a maximum of 16 words in English or Indonesian with a font size of 16 pt and written in "CAPITALIZE EACH WORD". Authors' names are placed under the title using a 10 pt font size without any academic degree. Apostrophe put behind the name of the author using superscript format. The name of the institution (name of the institution, country) written under the name of the author using 9 pt font size. Should there are more than one author, and the maximum number of authors are 5 author. For authors acting as correspondents, an email address must be added.
Abstracts are written in English or Indonesian with a maximum of 250 words and made in one paragraph. Abstract must contain background, research objectives, methods, results, and conclusions. The abstract is written using "Bookman Old Style" font 9 pt with a spacing of 1. The maximum number of keywords is 5 and arranged alphabetically (A-Z).
Manuscripts are typed on standard A4 paper (21 cm x 29.7 cm) in a two-column and one-spaced format. Using 3-3-2-2 cm (left-top-right-bottom) margin, 7.5 cm width for each column with 1 cm space between columns, using "Times New Roman", 10 pt font size, and single spacing. Manuscripts written in English and Bahasa Indonesia with a number of pages not exceeding 12 pages. For manuscripts written in Indonesian, the use of foreign words written in italic. Accepted document formats are .doc / .docx, otherwise these formats are automatically rejected.
Title or chapter head, is an organizational tool that guides the reader in exploring the text. The mandatory chapter names are 1. INTRODUCTION, 2. MATERIALS AND METHODS, 3. RESULTS AND DISCUSSION, 4. CONCLUSIONS, ACKNOWLEDGMENTS (optional), and REFERENCES. Chapter Numbering is only allowed up to 2 levels (eg 2. ... and 2.1. ....). Sub-chapters can only be placed in Chapters 2 and 3. Examples of writing sub-chapters "2.1. Research tools and materials, 3.2. Results of analysis".
The table presentation is placed in one column format and placed in the center of the page. Tables must be self-explanatory and understandable without having to refer to text or paragraphs in the text. All acronyms or abbreviations and terms must be accompanied by their descriptions in the descriptions below the table. Format for writing table numbers (Table 1, Table 2, ... etc) followed by the title of the table written in the Sentence case. The font size used in the table contents is 9 pt. Each table should be cited or referenced in the manuscript, for example "... Table 1 shows the results ....".
The image presentation is placed in 1 column format and placed in the center of the page. Each picture must be accompanied by an explanation. The image is titled at the bottom of the image. Format for writing picture numbers (Figure 1, Figure 2, ... etc) followed by an image title written in Sentence case. Images that come from scanned or digital photos must have a resolution of at least 300 dpi. Each image must be cited or referenced in the text, for example "... Picture 1 shows the difference ...".
Equations must be centered and numbered consecutively in parentheses to the right of the margin, for example (1). Each equation must be cited or referenced in the text. It is recommended to use Microsoft Equation Editor or MathType software when writing formulas.
Citation of a reference must use the Vancouver style. Vancouver is a reference system commonly used in biomedical sciences. In the Vancouver style, using sequential numbering to show references (citations). In the bibliography, reference sources appear sequentially using numbers according to their appearance as citations in the written script. If there are three or more authors then use et al. If there are fewer than three authors, list all authors' names.
for example "...Bishop et al (1) argue that this technique is highly effective. However, another study (2) conducted into the technique has raised doubts about the replicability of these results. Bishop et al.’s conclusion that the technique is ready for ‘large-scale application’ (1) in medical practice should therefore not be accepted without further investigation...". For citing multiple sources of reference at the same place, for example "... Several studies (1–3) indicate a similar effect... ".
Every reference cited must be written in full in the reference section. Unpublished references are not recommended to be cited in the article. References must be written according to the reference format.
Reference sources use a minimum of 15 reference materials. The main reference sources are taken from journal articles in the last 5-10 years. For reference sources from national journals, try to use articles indexed by Sinta 1-6. Secondary reference sources may be taken from proceedings, books and book chapters, or official reports. Avoid reference sources from the internet, blogs and wikipedia. Please use reference tools like Mendeley, Zotero, etc.
Bibliography is arranged by numbering and spacing between items using 1 space in Vancouver style. Bibliography writing rules are as follows:
- Bishop C, Yacoob Z, Knobloch MJ, Safdar N. Community pharmacy interventions to improve antibiotic stewardship and implications for pharmacy education: A narrative overview. Vol. 15, Research in Social and Administrative Pharmacy. Elsevier Inc.; 2019. p. 627–31.
- Bronte V, Pittet MJ. The spleen in local and systemic regulation of immunity. Immunity. 2013;39(5):806–18.
- Nurkhasanah N, Minangsari DNI, Yulianny VA. The combination of rosella (Hibiscus Sabdariffa, L) and Stevia (Stevia Rebaudiana) extracts increase the antioxidant activity and stability. Int J Pharm Pharm Sci. 2016;8(5):411–2.
- Foudah AI, Alam P, Kamal YT, Alqasoumi SI, Alqarni MH, Ross SA, et al. Development and validation of a high-performance thin-layer chromatographic method for the quantitative analysis of vitexin in Passiflora foetida herbal formulations. Saudi Pharm J. 2019;27(8):1157–63.
- Kehinde I, Ramharack P, Nlooto M, Gordon M. The pharmacokinetic properties of HIV-1 protease inhibitors: A computational perspective on herbal phytochemicals. Heliyon. 2019;5(10):1–12.
- Poernomo AT, Nisa SK, Aliyah ZS, Isnaeni I. Effects of carbon and nitrogen sources on the antibacterial activity of Bacillus tequilensis BSM-F symbiotic with Halichondria panicea sponge from the Cabbiya Coast, Madura, Indonesia. Pharmaciana. 2020;10(2):125–34.
- Ferdinand M, Pratiwi R, Hasanah AN. Characterization of Diazepam Imprinted Polymer with Methacrylic Acid and Hydroxyethyl Methacrylate Monomer in Chloroform for Selective Adsorption of Diazepam. Indones J Pharm Sci Technol J Homepage. 2020;7(2):46–56.
- Lawhead J, Baker M. Introduction to Veterinary Science. 3rd ed. Boston,: Cengage Learning; 2016. 448 p.
- Meltzer PS, Kallioniemi A, Trent JM. Chromosome alterations in human solid tumors. In: Vogelstein B, Kinzler KW, editors. The genetic basis of human cancer. New York: McGraw-Hill; 2002. p. 93–113.
Submissions should be made online via Biocity Journal submission site. The article should be written using MS Word. Reviewing process will be conducted by the Board of Editor. Any correspondence will be addressed to the main author. The author should revise the article according to the reviewer advice. The Board of Editor are entitled to reject any articles which are not relevant to focus and scope of Biocity Journal, , not up to date, or have been published in any other scientific publication.
Template can be found here: Journal Template.