Desain Ikon untuk Tunanetra pada Kemasan Bahan Pokok Makanan
The development of times and technology requires each individual to be able to do their activities more easily, practically and quickly. This phenomenon does not only affect people with normal physical condition, but it also affects people with disability. Therefore, there are many designs focusing on and orientating towards solution to facilitate people with disability do their daily activities, especially when they are in in public facilities. One of the most frequently visited public facilities is shopping center (traditional market, mini market and supermarket). The researcher found that people with disability, especially those with visual impairment find difficulties to do shopping independently. Based on this problem, the researcher offers solution by designing icons for product sold in the market and the focus was on the staple food products consumed every day. This was qualitative research with design thinking method. The results showed that icon design on staple food packages can help people with visual impairment to identify staple food products.
3. Sucipto, Fentisari Desti dan Ghifari, Muhammad (2019). Daily Needs Icon Packaging Design for People with Vision Impairment. International Conference for Asia Pacific Studies
4. Perrois, J. A., Laviole, J., Briant, C., & Brock, A. (2018). Towards a multisensory augmented reality map for blind and low vision people: A participatory design approach. HAL.
5. Dursin, A. G. (2012). Information design and education for visually impaired and blind. Procedia Social and Behavioral Sciences.
7. Mohamed, R. D. (2016, January). Braille Readability in Packaging Design of Egyptian Pharmaceutical. International Design Journal, 119-126.
8. Saldana, J. (2011). Understanding qualitative research. Fundamentals of qualitative research. New York: Oxford University Press.
9. Creswell, JW. (2016). Pendekatan Metode Kualitatif, Kuantitatif, dan Campuran. Yogyakarta; Pustaka Belajar.
10. Brown, Tim. 2008. Change by Design: How Design Thinking Transforms Organizations and Inspires Innovation. New York : Harper Collins
11. Frasso, Keddem dan Golinkoff. 2018. Qualitative Methods : Tools for Understanding and Engaging Communities. Switzerland : Springer
12. Gray, Carole dan Malins, Julian. 2004. Visualizing Research : A Guide to the Research Process in Art and Design. Inggris : Ashgate Publishing Limited
13. S. Nasution. 2006. Metode Research (Penelitian Ilmiah). Jakarta : Bumi Aksara
14. Sugiyono. 2018. Metode Penelitian Kuantitatif, Kualitatif, dan R&D, penerbit Alfabeta,Bandung
15. PUTMAN, V. L., & PAULUS, P. B. (2009). Brainstorming, Brainstorming Rules and Decision Making. The Journal of Creative Behavior, 43(1), 29–40
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.