Peer Review Process
- Is original by stating the objectives and gap clearly
- Is methodologically sound
- Follows appropriate ethical guidelines
- Has results/findings which are clearly presented and support the conclusions
- Correctly references previous relevant work
- Reviewers are not expected to correct or copyedit manuscripts. Language correction is not part of the peer review process.
Utilizing feedback from the peer review process, the Editor will make a final publication decision after revision author, the average time needed from the submission process until it is declared accepted takes 4 months. The review process will take approximately 2 to 4 weeks. Decisions categories include:
- Reject - Rejected manuscripts will not be published and authors will not have the opportunity to resubmit a revised version of the manuscript to Matrik.
- Resubmit for Review– The submission needs to be re-worked, but with significant changes, may be accepted. However, It will require a second round of review.
- Accept wtih Revisions - Manuscripts receiving an accept-pending-revisions decision will be published in Matrik under the condition that minor/major modifications are made. Revisions will be reviewed by an editor to ensure necessary updates are made prior to publication.
- Accept - Accepted manuscripts will be published in the current form with no further modifications required.